The Honor 9 Lite is a step-down variant of the flagship, Honor 9.
Sometimes, smartphone manufacturers manufacture step-down variants of their flagships, to cater for people who may not be able to afford the flagships.
Honor is not left behind in this practice, as Honor India is looking to launch the Honor 9 Lite in India soon.
Already, the Honor 9 Lite was launched in China back in December, 2017.
The Honor 9 Lite will come with a glass unibody design, and will enjoy two dual-lens camera setups, both at the rear and at the front.
Running on an Android Oreo-powered UI, the Honor 9 Lite will also enjoy an 18:9 FullView display.
While showcasing the Honor 9 Lite in a closed media event in Delhi, Honor claims to have used PPVD technology for the glass unibody of the device. This technology will reportedly reduce fingerprint smudges on the smartphone, and therefore, eliminate the need for a cover.
Honor 9 Lite Specifications
- 5.65-inch Full HD+ FullView display (with 18:9 aspect ratio and 2160×1080 pixel resolution).
- HiSilicon Kirin 659 octa-core SoC (four cores clocked at 2.36GHz and four at 1.7GHz).
- EMUI 8.0.
- Android Oreo 8.0.
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage/ 4GB RAM, 32GB or 64GB internal storage, all expandable to 256GB with external microSD
- 13MP primary lens (with LED Flash), 2MP secondary lens (with features like smart selfie and a hand gesture mode).
- Hybrid dual nano-SIM slots.
- 4G VoLTE.
- 3,000mAh battery.
Honor 9 Lite Price
It is expected that the price of the Honor 9 Lite in India will almost tally with the price in China. This may bring the price to about Rs 11,700 for the 3GB RAM variant, Rs 15,500 for the 4GB RAM variant with 32GB internal storage, and Rs 17,500 for the 4GB RAM variant with 64GB internal storage.
Information so far has it that the Honor 9 Lite will be available in three different colours – Blue, Black and Grey, and will be launched as a Flipkart exclusive.
What do you think about this ‘Lite’ version of the Honor 9? Let us know in the Comment box below.