This article has been specifically prepared for iPhone users finding it hard to change the properties of their hotspot. The hotspot is the setting required for sharing your internet connection with another specified device. Your iPhone’s hotspot name will be visible on the person’s mobile phone, before he or she can connect to the network.
Without the setup details the recipient cannot have access to your phone’s hotspot. If it is password protected, the recipient will need the password to gain access to your internet connection. Without wasting much time, let’s get straight into this simple and easy tutorial.
How to Change Your iPhone’s Hotspot Name
In this article, we have properly documented the means of changing the name of your iPhone’s hotspot. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Settings menu on your iPhone.
- Then scroll down till you see “General”, click on it.
- At the top of the screen is the “About” button, click on it.
- Still on that top side of t screen is the “Name” button, tap it. This will show you the current name of your Hotspot.
- In front of the Hotspot’s name is a small “x” button, tap it and enter the name you want for your Hotspot. Click on the blue “Done” button on your keyboard when you’re done entering the preferred name.
The name you entered will be shown on other devices seeking connection and making it easy for them to identify your Hotspot.
Changing Your iPhone’s Hotspot Password
Now that we’ve shown you how to change the Hotspot name, let’s move over to how to change the password. You can do this by following the tips below;
- Go to your iPhone’s Settings.
- Scroll and click on “Personal Hotspot”.
- Tap on the toggle switch to turn it on.
- Click on the “Wi-Fi Password”
- Now enter your preferred password and save it. It is important that you enter a password you can easily remember.
Now you are fully an expert on changing the hotspot details of your smartphone. To ensure that you do not forget this tutorial, ensure you read and re-read it for better understanding.
This tip and tutorial on how to change iPhone’s hotspot name and password are a must-read for every iPhone user. It doesn’t matter what model or year of iPhone you use, it works for them all.