Motorola launched its first foldable smartphone, the Motorola razr, back in November 2019. The phone launched with the older Android 9.0 Pie but Motorola has now started rolling out the latest Android 10 update for it. Of course, this update brings all the original features of Android 10 such as improved permissions, gesture navigation, and digital wellbeing.
The company has also added some new features to improve the overall experience of the foldable phone. In addition to the original features of Android 10, the new update brings Quick View to the secondary display. This is definitely one of the highlights of the update.
Here are some of the key features that the update brings to the Motorola razr:
- You can now call contacts without opening up the device simply by swiping left on the Quick View display.
- You can now read and respond to messages from the popular supported apps, right on the outer screen.
- Camera functionality which you can access by swiping right on the screen or by twisting the wrist.
- New camera modes, including group selfie, portrait mode, spot color, and many others.
- Other functionalities such as controlling music playback and turn-by-turn navigation from Google Maps.
The Android 10 update for the Motorola razr is currently rolling out in a staged manner. So you may not get it on your unit right away. It will likely get to you eventually. You can always check manually by going to System Updates in your phone’s Settings app.
Meanwhile, the budget Moto G7 has also started to get the Android 10 update as well.