The Chinese giant has now announced that devices running MIUI 11 will soon get an app drawer. The company is yet to give official news of when it will roll out the App Drawer feature. But there is a way to get it on MIUI 11 devices right now.
How to get App Drawer on MIUI 11 devices
The alpha build of MIUI launcher enabled App Drawer in several Xiaomi devices back in November. However, at the time, the feature was restricted to devices running MIUI 11 China ROM.
The latest preview version of MIUI system launcher now enables the App Drawer on devices running the MIUI 11 Global ROM as well. The App Drawer itself is a part of the MIUI system launcher.
So, here is how to enable App Drawer on your Xiaomi device running MIUI 11. Simply follow the steps below.
- Download the latest alpha build of the MIUI system launcher.
- Open the installation package.
- Enable “Allow from this source” in the Install unknown apps setting (if you have not already done this). The package can now install.
- Long-press on the home screen. Some options will come up.
- Select Settings > More. You will be directed to the home screen settings.
- Tap on “Home screen”.
- Choose the “With App drawer” home screen layout.
That is all. You can now swipe up on the home screen to enjoy the App drawer on your device. In fact, you can also customize the App drawer to your taste. You can change the background color and you can choose which app categories to display. There are many other customization options to set the App drawer to your liking.